Modulex Alberta is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Design/Build Project Designer. The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team. You will be responsible for client-facing, project management activity from start to finish; accountable for deliverables/outcomes, budgets, and schedule adherence.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overall project coordination/management.
- Site reviews as required – to confirm measurements and site conditions.
- Wayfinding/sign planning: location, type, messaging, etc.
- Design: conceptual design, product/material specification / design development.
- Coordinate and oversee vendors during fabrication and installation: ensure adherence to specification, quality control, schedule, etc.
- Client facing activities: communication, presentations, coordination, etc.
- Proactively identifies and manages risks within projects.
- Manage/record time and billing on projects.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Has a strong understanding of—and experience working with—architectural plans and drawing packages.
- Is fully proficient in the Adobe suite; must be an expert user of Illustrator and InDesign.
- Knowledge of ADA compliance is an asset.
- Has exceptional design skills and the ability to clearly communicate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal (in person and telephone) and written.
- Extreme attention to detail, while working efficiently and maintaining a schedule.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proof of full vaccination of Covid-19.
- Driver’s license with clean abstract and use of own vehicle is required.
Preference will be given to individuals who:
- Have an understanding of signage industry materials, finishes and fabrication techniques.
- Are capable of specifying EGD/signage/wayfinding concepts for manufacture.
- Have experience with 3D software (Sketchup, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Have experience with SignAgent.
Salary to be negotiated dependent upon experience.
To apply, email your cover letter, online portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position in the subject line.